University Business Park and Mixed-Use Development/Specific Plan EIR
UltraSystems has been retained by the City of San Marcos to prepare an Environmental Impact Report (EIR), and related technical studies for a proposed Business Park (Biotech, research and development, manufacturing, and offices uses), and mixed-use development that included multi-family residential, and associated infrastructure improvements. The proposed project also required the following regulatory approvals:
- General Plan Amendment,
- Specific Plan,
- Environmental Impact Report,
- Tentative Subdivision Map,
- Site Plans/Conditional Use Permits/Variances (as required),
- Section 404 Permit, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,
- 1602 Permit, California Department of Fish and Game,
- Section 401 Certification, San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board,
- State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) General Permit. The SWRCB General Permit would require that a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) be prepared and certified,
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit,
- Construction Permit from the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD), and
- 10(a) Incidental Take Permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
UltraSystems prepared all technical studies, including biological resource surveys, air quality, and noise assessment. UltraSystems worked closely with other subconsultant teaming partners in the areas of transportation planning; geotechnical engineering; geologic and seismic hazards; as well as cultural and historical resources.