Boulder Avenue Improvement Project
Boulder Avenue is a major collector street with 2 lanes in each direction, separated by a median. The scope of the project includes but is not limited to the improvements listed as follows:
- Removal of curb, gutter, asphalt concrete pavement, signage, striping
- Construction of PCC curbs, gutters, curb ramps, driveways, asphalt concrete pavement, irrigation, median curb, landscaping, hardscape, in-road bicycle detection, decorative way findings signs, street lighting, trail lighting, anti-graffiti coating, architectural treatment on existing sound wall and cape seal located on Boulder Avenue from Greenspot Road to San Manual Village Plaza(Highland Avenue) with in the City of Highland, in the county of San Bernardino, California.
UltraSystems Environmental Inc. (UltraSystems) provided the following consulting services:
Environmental Monitoring and Reporting
- Evaluation of project site for compliance, including regular inspections of silt fencing, soil piles, and staged materials such as PVC pipes that could pose hazards to the federally protected San Bernardino kangaroo rat (SBKR).
- Nesting bird monitoring surveys during nesting season (February 15 to August 31 of any given year)
- Preparation of an Environmental Compliance Report, providing results and findings of monitoring surveys. This includes included a fully completed biological portion of the Environmental Commitments Record and the MMRP Checklist